exødus Index du Forum
exødus Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

but plays and calls are seen on the Jumbotron

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    exødus Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> Avancée PvE
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Sep - 03:16 (2018)    Sujet du message: but plays and calls are seen on the Jumbotron Répondre en citant

LOS ANGELES -- Brett Pill has been bugging Hunter Pence for hitting tips lately, and for good reason: His Giants teammate has homered in four straight games. Pill summed up Pences advice this way: "I just try to kill the ball." Did he ever against the Dodgers. Pence hit two more homers, Pill connected for a tiebreaking shot leading off the eighth inning, and San Francisco Giants beat Los Angeles 4-3 on Sunday. Pence said he simply told Pill, "I try to see the ball and hit it as hard as I can. Then he gets all mad at me." Pence got his revenge when Pill hit the second pinch-hit homer of his career. "I couldnt wait to ask him what was he thinking," Pence said, laughing. Pence has 19 RBIs in six games, the most for a Giants player in that span since RBIs became an official statistic in 1920, according to information provided to the Giants by the Elias Sports Bureau. "I dont think Ive ever seen anyone that hot," Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong said. Pence became the first Giants player to homer in four consecutive games since Barry Bonds from September 2005. Pence drove in three runs, a day after his grand slam and career-high seven RBIs led the Giants to a 19-3 rout at Dodger Stadium. "Its fun to watch when you see a good hitter locked in," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. Pence piled up the most RBIs in a series against the Dodgers since 1935, when Ripper Collins of St. Louis had 13 during a five-game set. "It was pretty tough to see out there, the sun is bright," Pence said. "I just block out anything that has happened (before). Lately, Ive been getting a lot of hits and some good fortune. Yesterday, I had two bloopers." The Dodgers rallied in the ninth, but pinch-hitter Yasiel Puig grounded out with the bases loaded to end the game. The NL West leaders lost three of four to San Francisco, and the magic number to clinch their first division title since 2009 remained at four after second-place Arizona won. "Were definitely looking for the clincher," first baseman Adrian Gonzalez said. "We wish we would have been able to do it here at home, but getting it is the most important thing and getting our guys healthy." Pence joined Willie Mays as the only players in Giants history to homer in every game of a four-game set against the Dodgers, which Mays did twice. Pences five homers tied for the most ever in a series against the Dodgers, tying Philadelphias Mike Schmidt in 1979 (four games) and Pittsburghs Frank Thomas in 1958 (five games). "If Im mentioned with these names, its extremely humbling," Pence said. Jean Machi (3-1) pitched one inning. Sergio Romo closed for his 35th save in 39 chances. Paco Rodriguez (3-3) gave up Pills homer. Pence homered leading off the second for a 1-0 lead. "Were all kind of feeding off him, getting aggressive swinging the ball, having no fear," Pill said. The Giants tied it at 3 with two outs in the sixth on Pences two-run shot. Brandon Belt singled and moved up on a wild pitch by Edinson Volquez before Pence hit his 25th homer. "Thats one guy you really dont want to be leaving the ball up to at all," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "Volquez didnt execute a couple of pitches and he made us pay." Los Angeles took a 3-1 lead in the fifth on Gonzalezs bases-loaded double down the right-field line. With one out, Volquez reached on an infield single, Dee Gordon followed with a single and Mark Ellis got hit by a pitch. The Dodgers thought they had tied it at 1 in the fourth, but a video review showed the ball bounced near the top of the centre-field wall and Juan Uribe was credited with a triple rather than a home run. Vogelsong allowed three runs and seven hits in six innings. Volquez gave up three runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings, struck out seven and walked none. NOTES: It was Pences ninth career multihomer game. ... The Dodgers were without SS Hanley Ramirez and OFs Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford, all of whom have nagging injuries. ... Giants 2B Marco Scutaro left the game in the middle of the third with lower back tightness. ... The Dodgers are the first major league team to exceed 3.5 million in attendance this season. They lead the majors in both average home and road attendance (35,622). ... After an off-day Monday, the Giants will spend the week in New York playing the Mets and Yankees, the first time theyve played both teams in the same week. Barclay Goodrow Jersey .com) - The Miami Heat will try to close out the Charlotte Bobcats Monday night in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference first round series. Timo Meier Jersey . Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt. http://www.authenticsharksshopnhl.com/kevin-labanc-jersey/ . For the Athletics, hes extremely important at the top of the order, especially with Coco Crisp hurting. Jaso drove in three runs Sunday night, helping Scott Kazmir and Oakland beat the Texas Rangers 9-3. Brenden Dillon Jersey . Ryu (8-3) allowed a run and three hits in six innings and struck out six in his 13th start. In his first 13 starts last season -- his first in the major leagues -- the left-hander was 8-5 with a 2.85 ERA. This was the ninth time this year that Ryu has allowed fewer than three earned runs, and he is 7-0 in those games. Sharks Jerseys For Sale .com) - Eric Fehrs goal 42 seconds into overtime lifted the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Columbus, halting the Blue Jackets seven-game win streak.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, Just want to say I love the article. Its great to have your perspective! With the use today of instant replay, sometimes as fans we have the luxury of reviewing plays that the on ice official doesnt have. Im referring to missed penalty infractions, off sides and embellishments. I was wondering if referees/linesman ever go to the dressing room between periods and look at any of these replays. And if so, doesnt it make them want to make a "make up call?" Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,Jeff ReynoldsOttawa, Ontario Hey Jeff: I can assure you that NHL referees and linesmen check the television monitor in the officials dressing room between periods if there has been a call (made or potentially missed) that might require a second look to provide some measure of affirmation. You might find this hard to believe, Jeff, but every official strives to work that illusive "perfect game."  They are extremely hard-working and dedicated men but as we know all too well, they are human and mistakes are made. None of this has changed through the four decades that I worked as an official for the NHL. What has changed is that before video replay and modern technology provided replays on the score clock and throughout the arena, the officials had to trust their first gut reaction and hope that the right call was made. Players and coaches always let you know instantly what they thought of your decision. Head games were sometimes played with the ref when false information was purposely provided from the players bench where an assistant coach was in communication with a "spotter" in the press box. The spotter sat near a television monitor and had access to the broadcast replay or an in-house video feed. Some teams began placing a small monitor at their bench and coaches would quickly point to it telling the official the call he made was dead wrong! The next comment to the ref was, "You owe us one!" When the period ended, the officials would inevitably rush to the monitor in their dressing room and hope that the play was shown on the intermission broadcast feed. After several times of witnessing clear evidence that the correct call had in fact been made, I began to take a very proactive approach with players or coaches that wanted to quickly provide false misinformation.  In an attempt to hold them accountable to their word I would look the individual in the eye and tell him how much I respected his honesty and trusted what he said to be true.dddddddddddd If, however, after personally watching the replay between periods I found that the player or coach was not telling me the truth, their credibility with me would be seriously damaged! I asked again if they were sure the call was wrong. Guilty parties often said they would check the replay during intermission and get back to me. I knew I had them at that point! Others were too far committed and stuck to their guns. On at least one occasion a player tried to sell me a bill of goods and wouldnt back down. The intermission replay demonstrated he had flat out lied to me and I told him as much. The players response, "You cant blame me for trying, can you?" That player learned that trust is earned and not freely gifted!    The modern game is very fast and often played with an incredible intensity by phenomenally skilled athletes. If, as a spectator, you had the good fortune to sit at ice level you will understand what Im talking about. The game takes on a very different perspective the farther away you are removed from the action. Things happen very quickly on the ice and in a blink of an eye something can easily be missed. "Instant replay" isnt now just a luxury enjoyed by home viewers watching the broadcast, but plays and calls are seen on the Jumbotron that hangs over the officials head at centre ice. This instant feedback intensifies the desire and pressure for the officials to be "perfect." While it isnt part of standard operating procedure, the honest fact is that on rare occasions the score clock has allowed a member of the officiating crew to sneak a peek at a replay when a group conference is being conducted in the interest of getting the call right. So Jeff, with all the pressure on the officials to make the correct call, it only stands to reason that they would want to verify their call through a second look during the intermission break. A headset call can also be made to the video review official in the arena during a commercial stoppage to provide feedback on a play if the information the referee desires is really pressing. Regardless of the validity of a call, once its made there is no changing it.   The feedback can bring about some peace of mind or closure and can even eliminate the potential for head games. If the official learns he was wrong the best course of action is to admit the error, apologize and move on as quickly as possible in his ongoing attempt to be "perfect."  Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Ravens Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Panthers Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Falcons Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Cheap Texans Jerseys Cheap Ravens Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Bills Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Sep - 03:16 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    exødus Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> Avancée PvE Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange